Sleep (Polysomnographic) Technologist
Positions available in Northern Virginia and Maryland
Loudoun Medical Group, P.C., through its member practice, Comprehensive Sleep Care Center (CSCC), the premiere sleep medicine practice and sleep laboratory in northern Virginia, seeks a licensed polysomnographic technologist to work under the direction of the CSCC Medical Director to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders including in center and out of center sleep testing, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, comprehensive patient care and direct patient education.
Primary duties included Sleep Study Preparation and Set-Up, as well as Sleep Study Execution and Observation.
Essential Skills and Requirements include:
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
- Perform routine equipment care and maintenance and inventory evaluation.
- Maintain current CPR or BCLS certification.
- Demonstrate computer skills appropriate for the position.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate social skills.
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills. Follow HIPAA policies to maintain the privacy and security of patient information.
- Demonstrate ability to follow direction.
- Respond to sleep patient’s procedural-related inquiries by providing appropriate information.
- Provide patient education utilizing sleep center specific protocols.
- Adhere to sleep center policies related to quality assurance.
- Evaluate sleep study related equipment and inventory.
- Review and evaluate sleep studies and provide feedback to staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply policy.
- Comply with professional standards of conduct.
Education and/or Experience
Successful completion of an accredited educational program leading to a certificate or associate degree with an emphasis in sleep technology, and license in Virginia as a polysomnographic technologist.
In addition to possessing a proactive work ethic and the ability to work both independently and within a team environment, the ideal candidate must have reliable transportation and superb attendance.
Practice success is volume-driven, so the ideal candidate should be able to function highly within a environment.
As one of the largest employers in Loudoun County, Loudoun Medical Group provides competitive compensation and benefits. This is a great opportunity to work for a thriving healthcare organization that employs over 270 medical providers who serve over 200,000 patients throughout 35 medical and surgical specialties in 100 clinical locations from Berryville to Alexandria and from Lovettsville to Dumfries.