At, Stony Brook Medicine, the Practice Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the physician practice operations. The Practice Manager will act as a liaison between administration, office personnel and physicians.This position will supervise administrative personnel and assign and monitor tasks and responsibilities to ensure efficient clinic operations.
Duties of a Practice Manager may include but are not limited to the following:
• Aligns goals and objectives of the physician practice with department administrators. Maintaining open lines of communication between physicians and other associates.
• Demonstrates proficiency in front and back office processes.
• Manage office based components working collaboratively with the Central Billing Office to manage billing and co-pay collection activities.
• Demonstrate general understanding of insurance reimbursement policies.
• Manage a productive, conflict free office by promoting team work. Timely addressing of patient, physician, and staff concerns.
• Effective hiring, and training of personnel to include management and mentorship of staff.
• Conduct on going performance management activities.
• Promote the growth of the practice through strategic thinking and execution of business plans while monitoring and evaluating all areas of compliance to ensure the highest standards are met.
• Foster and maintain referral opportunities within the physician network.
• Promote high standards of patient experience while evaluating areas of improvement.
The Practice Manager may be required to cover weekend hours based on the operational needs of the office.
Qualifications Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. At least 3 years of sleep medicine experience. At least 5 years of supervisory experience. Goal oriented. Knowledge of strategic planning. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel.
Preferred Qualifications: 5 or more years of sleep medicine experience. 10 or more years of supervisory experience. Healthcare supervisory experience. Working knowledge of IDX Scheduling and/or Cerner PowerChart.
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
• Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
• All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
• This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
• This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
• Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
• Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
• Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
• Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer. *The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2017515